This is a general guide on How to Play Zombs.io.. Feel free to expand upon it if desired.
- Upon spawning you won't die because the game will grant invincibility for a couple of seconds (exactly 2,5 seconds); use this time to look around.
- Find an appropriate area for a base (make sure it has enough room to build a base of your desired size).
- We suggest looking for a place that is wide enough so that the trees, stones and Monster Stones won't interfere with your base.
- Zombies won't spawn until your Gold Stash is built, so stack up on resources before starting your base.
- Try to build your base near a tree and a rock (which are unlimited resource spots), ideally with the rock and tree near each other.
- Don't build your base near any Monster Stones, you won't want to get their attention.
- Unless you're in a party, build your base far away from other players. They can turn into enemies, destroy your base, and/or try to fight you.
- If you place down your Gold Stash RIGHT AFTER night starts, you have until the next night starts, giving you more time!
- Gather some wood and stone to build a base by hitting resources with the pickaxe. We recommend about 500-1,000.
- Place the Gold Stash, which is free and common, once ready to start building. Remember: PROTECT it at all costs.
- Be careful where you put your gold stash. Once you place it its unmovable.
- To start producing gold, build gold mines around or nearby the Gold Stash.
- Gold is used both for building upgrades and inside the shop (B or O keys) for tools and bonuses.
- Protect the Gold Stash and the mines with towers and eventually walls and doors.
- Once gathered enough gold, upgrade the Gold Stash to unlock a new tier of all buildings:
- For a price, any building can be then upgraded to a higher tier (maximum of tier 8).
- Higher tier buildings will have increased stats.
- The health of the Gold Stash itself will also increase!
- Remember that it is possible to sell any building but the Gold Stash, which therefore can't be moved.
- Death will remove 25% of all resources, re-spawning the character at its Gold Stash.
- If you haven't placed the Gold Stash, your character will re-spawn at a random location on the map.
- Death will also remove all acquired weapons except tier I pickaxe.
- If the Gold Stash dies, you and your team (if you have one) will die. However, you still keep 75% of your resources, so you won't have to worry about farming resources for the next base.
- When deciding where to place the Gold Stash, consider that the base will rise all around it.
- It can be helpful to use resources in your early perimeter as zombies cannot move through them, and they cannot be destroyed.
- Prioritize leveling up the Gold Stash and the mines to produce more gold as soon as possible, which is needed for all upgrades and bonuses.
- It is good practice to maximize the level of all towers before upgrading the Gold Stash again, while walls and doors are a personal choice.
- Read the tower stats to understand where to place them range-wise.
- Spending resources in rebuilding broken towers is a greater expense than a wall: defend them.
- Symmetrical layouts are easier to manage.
- For advanced strategies, see: Strategies.
- The priority is to make gold as fast as possible, while zombie waves will keep increasing in difficulty.
- The best way to maximize the production is to follow this upgrade order between tiers: Gold Stash > gold mines > towers > walls. Walls may be kept one tier below the other buildings until tier VI.
- Spending gold in the shop should be done wisely and when needed, as it will slow down the base progress.
- As soon as possible unlock a pet from the Shop. We recommend Woody for JUST harvesting resources and C.A.R.L. for PvP and fighting zombie hordes.
- To level up and empower the pet, let him kill monsters or harvest resources.
- After a certain amount of levels, the pet can be evolved from the Shop page.
- It is possible to use a health potion anytime to restore the pet's health to full.
- For more details, see: Pets.